Tigard, OR 97224
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 /hour
Join a fast-paced and innovative team helping advance novel treatments for liver disease. Yecuris has an immediate opening for part-time or full-time Lab Animal Technician who will contribute by performing daily activities in a support role, primarily in a rodent vivarium.
In this role you will,
- Work to support a dynamic biomedical research team by ensuring all tasks are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor rodent behaviors, health of animals and report findings to the Supervisor or Manager in a timely fashion
- Work extensively in a pathogen free mouse vivarium including animal handling
- Enter and maintain data in a database
- Maintain material supplies and clean inside the vivarium
- Strictly adhere to all animal use and oversight policies
- Work regular hours with some weekend and holiday work
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and be highly reliable
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Must be able to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for long periods
- Able to bend, kneel, and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to perform in an environment with exposure to rodents, animal dander, animal byproducts, and bedding materials
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs
- Able to reach 6’6” without using a stepladder
- Positive attitude with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Self-directed and highly organized
- Competent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to changes
Yecuris offers exciting career opportunities in a dynamic working environment. Full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and profit-sharing benefits provided for full time employees. Convenient location in Tigard, Oregon with free employee parking.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link above. Include a resume and concise cover letter describing your experience, qualifications, and goals.