Portland, OR 97224
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Join a fast-paced and innovative team helping advance novel liver-targeted therapeutics. Yecuris has an immediate opening for an experienced Research Associate to drive in vivo (mouse) and in vitro projects and services.
In this role you will,
- Work as an integral member of our team producing mouse models used in liver disease research
- Execute research studies for clients testing gene therapy vectors and other liver-directed therapeutics
- Conduct routine procedures such as dosing, blood and tissue sampling, post-mortem tissue harvest, monitoring animal health, collecting and recording data. Extensive vivarium work and animal handling involved.
- Advance to more technical in vivo procedures in mice including surgeries, cell transplants, and liver perfusions.
- Perform a variety of cell culture and cell-based procedures including hepatocyte isolation, magnetic cell separations, flow cytometry, production of viral vectors, and immunohistochemistry.
- Execute various molecular biology procedures including ELISA, genotyping, and qPCR
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field with 2+ years’ experience in a technical field
- Hands-on experience in rodent husbandry or experimentation
- Experience with cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, histology, and other laboratory techniques is a plus.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Highly organized and capable of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent dexterity and fine motor skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to changes
Yecuris offers exciting career opportunities in a dynamic working environment. Full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and profit-sharing benefits provided. Convenient location in Tigard, Oregon with free parking.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link above. Include a resume and concise cover letter describing your experience, qualifications, and goals.